Dear ICNS community,
Today we’d like to share with you our 2023 outlines for ICNS, which can be divided into 3 stages:
- Upgrades to the existing product
In Q1-Q2, We’ll start by making improvements and adding features to the existing ICNS product, e.g.:
- Multi-language support
- Emoji support
- Wallet integrations
- Upgrades to the icp.page personal homepage
2. New ICNS Secondary Market
We have a marketplace available right now at https://market.icns.id with basic list/buy/offer functionalities, but we feel there are a lot of improvements we can make to offer better experiences to our users. The new ICNS secondary market will provide:
1. Improved user interface
2. ICNS Name Collections, e.g. 10k Club/100k Club/3-letter Club, etc.
3. Advanced search functionalities
4. Statistics, floor prices for different name collections, price histories for each name…
The new ICNS market will provide better trading experiences, you can easily find the names you want, and sell your names at reasonable prices. The new ICNS market is expected to arrive during Q2-Q3.
3. Custom Top-Level Domain(TLD) Support
Currently, the only top-level domain(TLD) supported by ICNS is “.icp”, we’ll add support for custom TLDs. ICNS .icp holders will be able to register custom TLDs, and users will be able to register sub-level domains to these TLDs. For example:
- you have abc.icp, then you can register the TLD “.abc”
- others will be able to register “xxx.abc” names
- registration & renewal fees are customizable when you register the “.abc” TLD
- a portion of the fees collected will be used as a reward for all .icp holders, the rest goes to the TLD owner(holder of abc.icp)
This feature will offer many use cases:
- if you run your own project, you can use this feature to help build your community
- if you are a KOL, this is a good way to build your brand and unite your fans
- if you want to run an airdrop, you can easily find target users, e.g. airdrop to holders of specific TLD domain
We’ll offer related tools to help manage your TLD holders, such as name-gated access to private discord channels. And related SDKs will also be ready to help with third-party application integration. We expect this feature to be shipped during Q3-Q4.
Preview for custom TLD support:
Overall, our major goals aim to enhance ICNS and provide better services to users. We believe that these new features and services can take ICNS to the next level and provide more value to users. We are excited about the year ahead and look forward to sharing more updates with you as we approach the goals. Thank you for your continued support and for being a part of the ICNS community!